Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Competitive Intelligence Analyst
The Competitive Intelligence Analyst (Marketing) will focus on industry, market, and competitive research and analysis, and will support key strategic initiatives and business development efforts. We are looking for a highly motivated person to join us in our efforts. The successful candidate reports to the Director of Product Marketing and will regularly interact with the Marketing, Sales, and Product teams.
- Partnering with the Director, conduct comprehensive research and analysis of companies, industries, markets, competitors, and key executives and deliver objective, meaningful insights in concise, compelling ways
- Identify, analyze and synthesize data and other intelligence from internal and external sources to develop tailored products and services
- Work with Sales to support their client-facing plans and initiatives
- Provide client and market insights to support the firm’s key client and strategic relationship building initiatives
- Produce high-quality work in a variety of formats, including reports, executive summaries, briefing documents, and presentation slides
- Monitor and highlight publications and other content channels for topics, trends, and developments that impact the healthcare industry, the firm’s clients, and competitors
Using a variety of tools, this person will consistently learn about our key competitor’s product platforms and bring a detailed analysis of their overall strategy to the wide variety of stakeholders within Medigate. In addition to a general competitive understanding, this person will also focus on how the Medigate platform compares to our key competitors and you will construct messaging that clearly communicates these insights. You will be responsible for the high-level and specific messaging Medigate uses to compete in the marketplace against our key competitors.
With your deep understanding of the Medigate platform and constant evaluation of the market and our competitors, you will create and maintain the content needed for our sales teams to win. More than just details on a page, you will demonstrate thought leadership regarding how to compete and earn the role of a trusted resource for our front-line sales teams.
Additional emphasis will be placed on the financial and market performance of our competitors, and this person will attend competitor webinars, financial reports, and any other event that facilitates their continued learning. Regular internal communication to Medigate stakeholders will be required with synthesized learnings shared for maximum internal value.
Are you our ideal candidate?
- You enjoy a vibrant work-life and can have fun in the day-to-day operation of a growing start-up company
- You are intellectually honest and strive to evaluate technology as objectively as possible.
- You are not afraid to share your opinions, have them changed through collaboration, and admit when you are wrong.
- You realize that you are a vital part of this team and act with Medigate’s best interest in mind!
- You work well on your own, but welcome collaborative input and team-based decision making
- You synthesize many (at times) competing ideas and are good at making complex concepts simple to understand.
- You can share executive-level insights with key internal leaders and also with our customers (as needed)
- You enjoy the business side of technology and are comfortable evaluating competitive business strategies, along with financial reporting
- You can create processes, but will also adjust to current needs
- Be Medigate’s trusted source for information on our competitors, market trends, and technology directions.
- Contribute to Medigate’s competitive analysis strategy and lead its implementation
- Gain a deep understanding of the Medigate platform, so that you can compare/contrast with our key competitors and help us accurately and effectively position Medigate solutions in response to competitive offerings
- Maintain competitive positioning statements for the main offerings from our key competitors.
- Enable sales, product, and marketing with up to date information about our competitor’s offerings
- Manage key competitive tools to maximize their value
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Experienced evaluator of technology platforms, competitive strategy, and market drivers.
- Highly organized and adept multi-tasker with the ability to quickly prioritize tasks.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) are essential, strong storyteller.
- Relentless attention to detail and producing exceptional work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Occasional travel (<10%)