This Privacy Statement applies to the entire Medigate website and describes how we handle personal information and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your personal information.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We may collect data, including personal information, about you as you use and interact with our website. “Personal information” is defined as any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information, marketing preferences, and/or social media account information. If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as personal information as well. At times, we also collect personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us.
We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending marketing communications.
- Personalizing your experience.
- Providing customer service.
- Managing a job application.
We and the third party organizations we engage may combine the information we collect from you over time and information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better customize our experience with you.
If you choose to provide us with a another party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have their permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
At times, Medigate and the third parties we engage may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website and personalize content for you.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Delivering a Solution you have requested.
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our Solutions and your online experience.
- Personalizing websites, newsletters and other communications.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from Medigate or from our partners.
By using our websites, Solutions, or otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our websites, by sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- With Medigate business partners or vendors, so that they may share information with you about their products or services. To opt-out, email email@example.com.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested solution, service or transaction. Examples include, but are not limited to: hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of Medigate, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Security of Your Personal Information
We intend to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Medigate implements state-of-the-art technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also contractually require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you provide to us.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
Like many websites, Medigate uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website. Examples include your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website.
They may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you connect to the Internet. It is a unique address assigned by your Internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address allows web servers to locate and identify your device.
- Clickstream behavior. This includes, for example, the pages you view and the links you click. These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different from blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a “do not track” feature enabled may still accept cookies.
No industry standard currently exists on how companies should respond to “do not track” signals, although one may develop in the future. Medigate’s website does not currently recognize and respond to “do not track” signals.
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on those websites (and all websites) you visit.
Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Information
Medigate is a global organization and as such, we may transfer your personal information to any of our offices globally, or to third parties and business partners that are located in various countries around the world. By using our websites and Solutions or providing any personal information to us, where applicable law permits, you consent to the secure transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions. Should you have questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.