The Device Security Platform
A single source of truth for all connected devices that is bridging the gap between information security, risk management, and operational efficiency.
There is no silver bullet for protecting your network from connected devices. To help you on your journey, Medigate has created a detailed capabilities framework for both assessing and advancing the operational competencies essential to device security maturity. And it all starts with a deep, comprehensive inventory of your connected devices. From there it’s about how effectively that visibility is orchestrated across your converging ecosystem.
At the core of the Medigate Device Security Platform are the foundational visibility and insights that power HDO security strategies, effectively manage risk, and generate operational efficiencies. Within hours of deployment, Medigate passively discovers the IoT and medical devices connecting to the network and profiles them with granular details.
- Visibility into network communications: Maps inter-device relationships (World Map, Communication Matrix, VLANs Matrix).
- Threat intelligence: Delivers tailored, healthcare-specific indicators of compromise (IoCs).
- Reporting: Provides dashboards on the HDO’s inventory, risks, alerts, vulnerabilities, communications, and compliance.
Medigate helps HDOs understand their device risks by analyzing, mapping, and aggregating data for all unmanaged endpoints. It also helps implement effective vulnerability management and orchestration strategies for these devices to reduce the attack surface area.
- Orchestration of vulnerability scanning: Medigate’s identity-aware information supports the appropriate inclusion/exclusion of IoT and IoMT devices in vulnerability management scans.
- Customized risk scores: The HDO can accept risk factors and customize the structure of Medigate’s device risk score framework, based on their own inputs.
- Device risk simulator: Calculate the potential risk score of planned configuration changes before execution and new device addition prior to being allowed on the network.
Different device types often warrant different strategies, so Medigate will methodically build and implement compensating controls that best address the risk profiles of all the different devices and clinical workflows in the environment. The goal is to do no harm, while trying to do better at keeping the environment running and secure.
Medigate’s platform integrates with leading NAC, firewall, and SIEM solutions to enhance their overall visibility and improve the overall security stance through network-centric policy orchestration and enforcement.
- Network policy recommendations: Medigate’s library of recommended out-of-the-box network security policies are automatically translated into environment-specific ACLs or the syntax of other applicable rule-sets, so they can be easily applied.
- A network policy wizard: Medigate’s contextualized recommendations guide and enable network security to change based on observed traffic.
- Aggregated risk dashboards: Visualization of the HDO’s device cybersecurity risk landscape with suggested mitigation steps and prioritized recommendations to reach target risk tolerance levels.
- Remediation recommendations: Suggestions about fixes and patches for IoT/IoMT devices.
Medigate provides ongoing monitoring of the connected device environment, assessing, triaging, and reporting on anomalous asset behaviors. By searching for opportunities to optimize the security environment, Medigate can help ensure efficient collaboration, escalation, and alignment with existing IT, business, and traditional SOC teams and processes.
- Device monitoring: Continuous monitoring of device behavior, communications, and inter-device relationships.
- Alerts and anomaly detection: identify known risks, including external malicious plain text credentials, unencrypted personal health information (PHI), vulnerabilities, and outdated versions.
Operational Efficiency helps security, IT, biomed and supply chain generate actionable recommendations that optimize the lifecycle of the clinical devices they manage.
- Device activity and utilization analysis: An aggregated view of utilization by device type; benchmarking and reporting to make smart comparisons, prescriptive actions, and predictive models will help make better asset management decisions.
- Reallocate devices: Usage-based distribution to improve patient flow and satisfaction.
- FDA recall notifications: Medigate offers the ability to quickly locate devices affected by any known recall.
- Device location: Pinpoint the location of devices, based on wireless access points, to ensure appropriate par-leveling for the locations who need them.
- Eliminate variance: Consolidating device vendors is a proven strategy to reduce cost and Medigate provides another set of data on existing utilization and the amount of vulnerabilities to assist these decisions.
Meet the Medigate Device Security Platform (MDSP)
MDSP decodes proprietary healthcare IoT protocols using DPI to provide the robust IoT and medical device visibility to orchestrate and integrate the entire HDO security platform.
Leading Security Platform Integrations
Medigate offers the most extensive integrations to leading platforms in the Healthcare IoT Security industry. Our data enables the HDOs firewalls, NAC, SIEM, and CMMS systems to improve the decision-making and protection capabilities for the entire security fabric.
Close the Security Gap
Our security risk management assessment, architecture, design and integration services will help protect your enterprise network from new vulnerabilities and accelerate your digital transformation.
Mind the Gap
Based on the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and Gartner’s Real-Time Health models, this short assessment will help identify any gaps and share how your organization compares to others.